Mortgage Loan Officer
Job Title: Mortgage Loan Officer
Reports to : VP Mortgage Lending
FLSA Status: Non - Exempt
Performs a wide range of duties relating to the origination of residential 1st mortgage loans from outside and internal referrals. Meets standards and objectives defined by management for mortgage loan sales and cross-selling objectives. Assumes overall responsibility for the residential mortgage loan from application to closing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop referral contacts (realtors, builders, professional and personal contacts).
· Maintain knowledge of bank’s policies and procedures.
· Maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing procedures, and underwriting and general
· Follow defined protocol for escalation exceptions.
· Take applicant applications by completing Fannie Mae form 1003.
· Utilize the computer for communication and access of daily rates, applicant credit reports, Loan
Prospector responses and transmitting the loan.
· Collect appropriate documentation from each applicant and deliver loan package in the time frames set by
· Manage pipeline for all originated loans through closing and complete required management reports.
· Communicate with branches and/or applicants of providing timely updates and progress reports.
· Maintain high levels of customer service while managing each applicant's and support staff's expectations.
· Attend and participate in all Lending meetings as required by management.
· Preparation of all required disclosures compliant with guidelines and Federal and State Laws
Requirements MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· High school diploma or equivalent mandatory. Four-year college degree preferred.
· Knowledge of secondary market lending operations, conventional and/or government lending guidelines.
· Knowledge of residential mortgage processing, underwriting, and closing procedures.
· Knowledge of federal lending regulations governing real estate lending.
· Demonstrated organizational skills.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills.
· Demonstrated teamwork and customer service skills.
· Proven computer skills.
· Basic sales technique skills.
· Strong desire to excel in a competitive environment.
· Self Motivator