Sr. Credit Analyst
CITIZENS UNION BANK
JOB TITLE: Sr. Credit Analyst
REPORTS TO: Chief Credit Officer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Responsible for analyzing all types of credit information. Prepares complete loan packages
independently for mid-size to large commercial credits, completes all necessary financial spreads, including projections, consolidations, and global analysis. Prepares written analyses and makes appropriate recommendations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes financial statements to develop initial assessment by identifying strengths and weaknesses pertaining to borrower’s historical performance.
- Prepares written analyses which includes:
- Credit investigation of the borrower and guarantors;
- Economic and market conditions as they relate to the company, industry, and market area;
- In-depth historical financial analysis, including communicating with the borrower’s accountant to gain a better understanding of the company’s accounting practices;
- In-depth projection financial analysis, including the performance of “what if” scenarios that test the reasonableness of the projections;
- In-depth analysis of the secondary sources of repayment such as collateral;
- In-depth analysis of a guarantor’s financial position.
- Identifies borrower's strengths and weaknesses.
- Participates in customer meetings as requested by officers.
3. Ensures that loans are underwritten to comply with policy and/or risks from policy exceptions are appropriately mitigated.
4. Attends Management Loan Committee, Directors Loan Committees, to be available to answer questions regarding credit analysis as necessary.
Education, Experience, & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required. Accounting or Finance degree strongly preferred.
- 3 to 7 years of experience in credit analysis required, preferably in commercial loans.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheets via Microsoft Office products as well as custom applications and systems. Credit Quest software preferred.
- Excellent analytical, time management, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be self-motivated with strong initiative, accountability, and attention to detail.
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The incumbent is in a non-confined office type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will.It may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc.
The incumbent in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 15 pounds), driving, carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
The incumbent for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, cellular telephone, personal digital assistant (PDA) and/or Blackberry, copy and fax machines, adding machine (calculator), check protector, scanner and image systems, scanning equipment, encoder, money counter, credit card terminal, typewriter, computer terminal, laptop computer, personal computer and related printers, or other equipment as directed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate to reading documents or instruments, detailed work, problem solving, customer contact, reasoning, math, language, presentations, verbal and written communication, analytical reasoning, stress, multiple concurrent tasks, and constant interruptions.