Mortgage Operational Assistant
CITIZENS UNION BANK
JOB TITLE: Mortgage Operational Assistant
REPORTS TO: Head of Mortgage Lending
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
As Mortgage Operations Assistant you are responsible for assisting mortgage operational and sales staff in all aspects of the loan processing, underwriting, set up and closing of a mortgage operations team. The incumbent provides support to the team and ensures administrative and operational compliance with regulatory requirements and CUB policies and procedures related to loan processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
Provides support for the operational staff in set up, processing, underwriting, closing, and funding mortgage loans.
Image Documents, organize files, make copies, send faxes and make telephone calls on behalf of the operational staff.
Collaborates and communicates with Sales Production staff on behalf of the operational staff to help assist them and their customers
Assist in setting up new loan applications, assist clearing processing and underwriting conditions, and assist in the closing and funding process as needed.
Assist Compliance Specialist in organizing and reviewing compliance reports as needed.
Maintains knowledge of CUB's automated systems for loan set-up, credit approval, document preparation, and loan closing, in order to assist operational staff in their daily duties.
Provide limited loan processing duties to help processors to process loans more efficiently and timely.
Maintain and organize departmental reports and documentation necessary to give to internal and external auditors and other bank departments as requested of the mortgage department.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Recommended 2 years or more in administrative work history.
Proven organizational skills and detail oriented.
High School degree preferred
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to follow complex methods and procedures in diverse routine and non-routine tasks
Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to effectively interact with various styles and levels of staff/clients
Strong PC skills, including knowledge of use in Microsoft Word and Excel
Ability to consistently maintain high performance level in stressful situations
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is in an office type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will.
- The employee in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, sitting, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
- The employee for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, smart phone, copy and fax machines, adding machine (calculator), scanning equipment, computer terminal, laptop computer, personal computer, tablet, printers, or other equipment as directed.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate to reading documents or instruments, detailed work, problem solving, customer contact, reasoning, math, language, presentations, verbal and written communication, analytical reasoning, stress, multiple concurrent tasks, and constant interruptions.