Commercial Loan Officer
CITIZENS UNION BANK
JOB TITLE: Commercial Loan Officer
REPORTS TO: Region Head of Commercial Lending
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
A Commercial Loan Officer examines, evaluates, and authorizes or recommends approval of customer applications for commercial loans. The position maintains and services a commercial loan portfolio in accordance with bank policies and procedures, coordinates and approves commercial loans within specified limits, builds business relationships by selling appropriate loan and deposit products and services, ensures timely, efficient, and effective delivery of commercial loan services, and provides financial counseling offering financial solutions for the commercial customer’s business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
Interviews customers and processes commercial loan applications in accordance with bank regulations, policy and procedures.
Proactively develops and manages a commercial loan portfolio.
Requests applicant credit reports, background checks, reference checks, and other information pertinent to loan applicant's evaluation.
Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan or submits application to credit analyst for verification and recommendation.
Corresponds with or interviews applicant or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
Approves loan within specified limits or refers loan to loan committee for approval.
Analyzes customer financial status, credit and other information necessary for loan decision-making.
Originates and compiles loan package and facilitates negotiation of loan structure, including fees, loan repayment options and other credit terms on commercial loans. Assists with loan closings.
Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy.
Assures timely loan closing and funding activities.
Identifies and analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for commercial loans.
Monitors existing portfolio, updating financial information in order to minimize risk from deteriorating financial conditions
Promotes and cross-sells other establishment products and services as appropriate to customer requirements.
Creates opportunities for expanding the existing business customer relationship by determining additional products and services for the customer’s business needs.
Adheres to all bank procedures, regulations, and internal policies.
Complies with the Bank Secrecy Act and participates in annual BSA training.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting or related area. Minimum of 3 years related experience and/or training in commercial lending, C&I Lending , underwriting and origination experience with a proven record of accomplishment
- Strong sales and service orientation and financial analysis skills
- Proven Business Development experience with emphasis on new business development and relationship building skills
- Strong understanding of commercial and CRE credit with a thorough understanding of commercial credit policies and loan documentation
- Experience and knowledge of structuring deals and portfolio management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is in an office type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will.
- The employee in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, sitting, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
- The employee for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, smart phone, copy and fax machines, adding machine (calculator), scanning equipment, computer terminal, laptop computer, personal computer, tablet, printers, or other equipment as directed.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate to reading documents or instruments, detailed work, problem solving, customer contact, reasoning, math, language, presentations, verbal and written communication, analytical reasoning, stress, multiple concurrent tasks, and constant interruptions.
*Note: The above information on this job has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Review of your performance is based on these duties and other duties. Citizens Union Bank reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. This is not a contract for employment. Therefore, either you or CUB may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason.